Strategic marketing is process of Identification of key competitive advantages a firm has for the markets and segments it serves or intends to serve. Identification key differentiators and strengths over competitors, defining the whole product and key partnerships, market positioning, branding and promotion plan, and developing distribution channels are some of important elements of a good strategic marketing plan.
Valuelinked has years of experience in developing strategic marketing plans for startups, SMEs and Business Units of large enterprises. ValueLinked’s strategic marketing plan is based on the book “Winner’s Take All”.
While developing strategic business plans, we analyze your business deeply and clearly define mission statement and problem you trying to solve.
- Segmentation: During our segmentation exercise, we identify right market segments for your business to target based on the common set of pains, wants, needs they face and their buying pattern. In simple terms, it is about finding customer segments where you product could create value. We identify right target segment through our unique five-step process. 1. Feel the pain 2. List potential use cases or applications 3. Develop value proposition 4. List potential user and 5. Develop value proposition matrix.
- Targeting: Targeting is a process of evaluation and prioritizing market segments in terms of – attractiveness to the company and ability to serve. The main objective of this exercise is to “making a decision to go after a particular market segment”. We follow a five-step process to determine right target segment. 1. Develop targeting factors 2. Assign weights to factors 3. Develop rating system 4. Develop app targeting matrix for each use case and 5. Develop summary targeting matrix.
- Market size: It is important that you find a market that large enough to go after but small enough to win. We help companies determine the Total Addressable Market (TAM) for the product category everyone competes for and determine the Average Revenue Per User (ARPU).
- Positioning: Then we work on the position statements of your company and product and develop a competitive positioning matrix, similar to Gartner Magic Quadrant. This will help you clearly position your company among competitors.
- Whole Product: It is essential that you design a product that simple to adopt and easy to scale. We believe a product should offer a complete experience to customers, hence we help you define and develop a whole product.
- Partners and Distribution Channels: Then we work on your partnership requirements and develop strategy for partner eco system. Figuring out supply chain, sales, distribution method and competition key in Hyper-growth strategy of a company.
- Pricing: In this process, we identify the underlying Economic Value to the Customer (EVC) of the segment you are targeting and help you capture the maximum returns. During this process, we determine the pricing using 4Cs – Customer value, competition pricing, cost of goods sold (COGS) and switching costs.
- Pricing strategy: While there are many pricing strategies, we mainly focus on helping entrepreneurs decide whether they want to develop Network Effect for the product using Penetration strategy or price high using Skimming strategy or other suitable pricing models.
- Branding: Successful brands creates a relationship with the customer. They help companies increase their customer engagements, loyalty, convert new customers and get premium pricing. As part of the Go-to-market plan, we focus on branding activities and slowly convert a generic product into 1. Basic brand 2. Augmented brand and 3. Potential brand.
- Promotions: A good promotions plan should cover communication activities that help them increase adoption by creating product awareness and converting non-users, position and compete with competitors, increase existing user base engagement and loyalty, and finally protect the brand value. We develop promotions plan for 12 months to 36 months depending on the engagement with our customers covering activities ranging from Personal selling, PR and Analyst relations, social media, SEO, advertising, direct marketing, sales promotions and events.
Digital marketing applies technologies or platforms such as websites, e-mail, apps (classic and mobile) and social networks. Social Media Marketing is a component of digital marketing. Many organizations use a combination of traditional and digital marketing channels. Digital marketing differs from traditional marketing and one to analyze digital marketing campaigns and understand what is working and what isn’t – typically in real time.
Digital media is so pervasive that consumers have access to information any time and any place they want it. Gone are the days when the messages people got about your products or services came from you and consisted of only what you wanted them to know. Digital media is an ever-growing source of entertainment, news, shopping and social interaction, and consumers are now exposed not just to what your company says about your brand, but what the media, friends, relatives, peers, etc., are saying as well. And they are more likely to believe them than you. People want brands they can trust, companies that know them, communications that are personalized and relevant, and offers tailored to their needs and preferences.
ValueLinked services include:
- Social Media Management
- Getting Value from SEO
- Omni channel marketing
- Optimizing the mobile experience
- Competing with the Noise